- 240 ml -or- 1 cup of lukewarm water
- 2 and 1/4 teaspoons of instant dry yeast
- 1 Tablespoon of Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- 360 gr -or- 3 cups of All-purpose white flour
- Garlic cloves – minced
- Mozzarella cheese
- Mixed dry herbs, but if you have fresh even better! (rosemary, oregano, basil)
- In a large mixing bowl pour in the lukewarm water along with the dried yeast and the sugar and give it a gentle whisk then leave it for 5 minutes.
- Once the 5 minutes are up, add in the olive oil, salt, and flour.
- If you are using a stand mixer then use the dough hook for 5-7 minutes until the dough is soft and stretchy. If you are doing it by hand, then bring everything together in the bowl then turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead by hand for 8-10 minutes. Again until it is soft and stretchy.
- Very lightly grease your large bowl and place the dough in it. Cover it with a clean damp tea towel or clingfilm (plastic wrap) and leave it to rest for about 1h or 1h30.
- When your dough has doubled in size, place it on a very lightly floured work surface and cut the dough in half. I made one for my husband and one for me, we eat a lot, but if you only want one, for now, go ahead and wrap one dough ball in plastic wrap and freeze it.
- Set oven to 220C/425F then change to 400F
- Oil pizza tray
- Shape the dough into a 12 inch/30-cm round with your hands and sprinkle your pizza dish with a little flour or Polenta (cornmeal). Place your shaped pizza dough on the dish and place cheese and herbs on it.
- When the oven is ready, bake in the center of your oven for 12-15 minutes. Maybe add an extra 5 minutes if the pizza is not looking 100% cooked. You can also broil for 5 minutes instead.
- Slice the cheesy garlic pizza into 8 slices and serve.