I’ll keep this short and sweet since I hate those extra long blog posts. This is a great and relatively quick meal to prepare. Use whatever kind of stuffed pasta you like (I personally like spinach ravioli or agnolotti) you can pick it up frozen at any grocery store and one day I will teach y’all to make pasta from scratch). This recipe serves 2 but is easily doubled!
You Will Need:
1 bell pepper
1-2 big cloves of garlic
1 9oz. bag of stuffed pasta (I will use agnolotti stuffed with butternut squash)
1/4 cup of vegetable stock
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp cream cheese
2 tbsp sour cream|
1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese (plus more for topping)
Roasted red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Move your oven rack to the top position for roasting. Bring a medium/large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Thinly slice scallions, separating greens and whites (you will use the greens for garnish). Halve your bell pepper; remove the stem and seeds.
- Drizzle olive oil on a baking sheet, then drizzle olive oil on bell pepper halves and season with salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet cut side down (prevents drying out). Place garlic on a square of foil, add a dash of oil, salt, and pepper, and fold foil around garlic.
Place baking sheet in the oven and roast for 25 minutes.
- At this point your water should be boiling. Add your pasta and reduce the heat to low. Cook 3-5 minutes or until the pasta floats to the top of your pot. Drain, but set aside 1 cup of pasta water for the sauce.
- The bell pepper and garlic will take a minute, but when they’re done, use tongs to transfer to a cutting board. Slice your bell peppers, and use a fork to mash up your garlic.
- Back to the pot that used for the pasta. Drizzle in some olive oil on medium-high heat. Add the scallion whites and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add vegetable stock, butter, cream cheese, and sour cream, and 1/4 cup parmesan. Mix until smooth; add the bell pepper and garlic. Bring to a simmer for 2 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste (if sauce gets too thick, add a splash of the pasta water).
- Stir pasta into the sauce; add more pasta water if needed. Divvy up into bowls. Top with red pepper flakes, scallion greens, and as much parmesan as you’d like. Serve and enjoy!