Decadent, creamy, cheesy… all words that should describe Alfredo sauce. Store bought just really is not the same. But homemade or from a restaurant usually = way too many calories! I’ve perfected this light Alfredo sauce using just 4 ingredients: butter, garlic, half & half, and parmesan cheese. It’s the perfect addition to any kind of pasta, delicious as a pizza topping, and I would even recommend it as a dipping sauce. Once you try it, you’ll never go back. And trust me, you won’t even miss the cream!
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 cup half & half
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- In a small pot on medium heat, melt butter.
- While butter is melting, add garlic to pot, whisking occasionally until butter is completely melted.
- Pour in half and half. Whisk together. Let stand in pot until liquid starts to bubble, but not boil.
- Immediately turn heat to low. Slowly whisk in parmesan cheese until melted.
- Allow sauce to simmer for 1-2 min before serving.
Makes 1 3/4 cup of sauce, or 7 servings. Each serving is 1/4 cup.