A quick, fresh, and flavorful addition to your day!
Let me know if you try it, tweak it, hate it or love it in the comments below!
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 1 cuporzo pasta
- 2 cups of water
- around 40 g/1.41 oz of a rocket mix
- 2medium lemons
- 1 cup/110g cherry tomatoes
- 1medium Avocado
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Butter
*** Add half a cup of unseeded black olives for a sweet/tangy combination!****
Dressing: I use my ownLemon Garlic! Just add 1 to 2 tsps of dried mint to it!
Preparation and Cooking step
Read instructions on the packet of Orzo Pasta you get. Recipes differ. But this should be a safe way to go in case there arent any instructions:
- Place large pan on low heat and add vegetable butter.
- Allow the butter to soften, and add the pasta.
- Turn fire to medium heat stir pasta in melted butter until they start darkening in color.
- Add the water
- Once the water boils, reduce to low heat, cover and let simmer until all the water is absorbed.
How to Serve
Make sure your veggies are washed. Once the orzo cools, add green mixture and mix, top with avocados and cherry tomatoes. Add dressing, mix and serve!
This recipe barely takes 10-15 min to prepare! Perfect choice for a quick lunch!
Fitness and the P-word
You can roast some nuts and add on top, or add chickpeas/seeds to this!
No animal was hurt preparing this dish,