Making your own Greek salad dressing at home only takes a few minutes. It’s fresh, light, full of flavor and so simple, you’ll be wondering why you’ve been buying it at the store!
EASY HOMEMADE GREED SALAD DRESSING
This Greek salad dressing is so easy, all you need is a few ingredients and a jar. You won’t need any fancy ingredients or special blenders to make this dressing, just a mason jar or bowl with a whisk!
This simple and flavorful dressing is perfect when you need to whip up a last-minute salad and comes with a very easy clean up. Drizzle it over any salad to give it a light and refreshing dressing that has a pop of fresh citrus flavor and delicate greek flavors.
WHAT IS GREEK SALAD DRESSING
Greek salad dressing is a traditional, tangy, oil based dressing used within Greek cuisine. Add in acidity from the vinegar and lemon juice, plus the greek seasoning, and you will get the classic taste it is known for.
After you see how good this dressing is, you will be happy to find out that it isn’t exclusively used on salads. You’ll be looking to add it to any of your Mediterranean favorites! It also makes a tasty marinade for chicken or a delicious sauce to drizzle over grilled or roasted vegetables!
WHY MAKE GREEK SALAD DRESSING FROM SCRATCH?
We all know the dressing can make or break a salad. The thing that makes this dressing shine above the rest is it’s fresh taste from all the fresh ingredients.
With this dressing, you have control over the ingredients. Not feeling like as much vinegar as it calls for? No problem! Adjust the recipe as you’d like to get the perfect taste you are after. This salad dressing is so easy, you’ll be wondering why you haven’t always been making it in the first place!
GREEK SALAD DRESSING INGREDIENTS
This dressing is made with five simple ingredients. The Dijon mustard is the secret ingredient in this recipe that gives this dressing it’s depth of flavor. When it is combined with the olive oil and vinegar, it makes the perfect base to add the Greek seasoning to!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Greek seasoning
- Red wine vinegar
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
HOW TO MAKE GREEK SALAD DRESSING
There is more than one way to make this Greek salad dressing, and they are all quick and easy. Here’s my preferred method:
- Combine all of the ingredients into a jar with a tight fitting lid. I like to use a mason jar, but other sealed jars will work too, as long as it can hold eight ounces to have room to mix the ingredients.
- Shake vigorously until everything is well blended.
- Give the dressing a taste to see if you want to adjust the seasoning. Feel free to add more seasoning if you wish.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in the same closed container you used to mix the ingredients.
As an alternative, here are the other ways to prepare this dressing.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Use a blender to blend all of the ingredients.
- Process all of the ingredients together using a small food processor.
HOW TO USE GREEK SALAD DRESSING
This dressing isn’t only used to top off your Greek salad, there are a ton of different uses. This dressing adds that wonderful, fresh Greek flavor to everything, even if it isn’t Mediterranean food!
- Use it as a marinade for vegetables or meat.
- Drizzle it over freshly grilled or roasted vegetables.
- Toss it on some fresh cooked pasta.
- Drizzle it over a prepared antipasto salad.
- Serve it as a bread dip.
- Drizzle it over a grain bowl for extra flavor.
HOW TO STORE HOMEMADE DRESSING
Store leftover Greek salad dressing in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to one week. When you are ready to use it again, gently shake the jar to mix anything ingredients that have settled, and pour over your salad, or use as desired. Enjoy!
It’s incredibly quick and easy to whip up this homemade Greek Salad Dressing, but the flavor is out of this world. Serve it over a Greek Salad for a winning combination.
Please leave a review or comment here to let me know what you think of this recipe!
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Homemade Greek seasoning
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Add all ingredients into a jar with a tight-fitting lid, like a mason jar. Shake vigorously until well-blended.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more Greek seasoning as desired.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Alternatively, you may whisk the ingredients together in a bowl, process in the ingredients in a mini food processor, or blend them together in a blender.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 servings Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 588mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g