When it comes to pasta dishes, I either go one of two routes: comforting and a bit on the heavier side or one that is bright and fresh. This recipe is for the latter cravings. The lemon garlic sauce with additional herbs and seasoning takes this pasta dish to another level and hits all the right places. If you want to impress friends with a pasta dish but put in minimal effort, here ya go!
Once again, this is a recipe that can be pretty customizable when it comes to add-ins. Some of my favorites that I like to rotate in and out of this recipe are: mushrooms, spinach, feta, chicken, pine nuts and even diced asparagus. In addition, this recipe can be enjoyed hot or cold and if you choose to serve it cold, I think a fusilli or bowtie pasta works best! I’m sure there are many more combinations that I have yet to try but those are what I’ve used!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 16 Oz Box of your choice pasta
- ⅔ Cup of EVOO
- ½ Cup of Fresh Lemon Juice (around 3-4 Lemons)
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- ⅓ Cup of Parmesan
- ½ Cup of Kalamata Olives, diced
- 1 Cup of Cherry Tomatoes, halved or diced
- 1 ½ Cups of Kale
- 1 Tsp of Salt + Pepper
- Cook pasta as normal, draining fully when pasta is cooked through
- In a medium-large saucepan on medium heat, use 1 TBSP of EVOO to saute tomatoes, and kale
- Saute until kale is wilted and cherry tomatoes have softened
- While waiting for saute mixture, whisk together the remaining EVOO, lemon juice, Salt, Pepper, garlic, and zest of one lemon
- Add the sauce and sauteed mixture to the drained pasta and enjoy!