This creamy chicken spinach pasta recipe is a total comfort food dinner! It comes together quickly it can be on your table in about 30 minutes.
Prep Time10minutesCook Time20minutesTotal Time30minutesServings4AuthorSalt & Lavender
- 8ouncesuncooked pasta
- 2chicken breastscut into small bite-size pieces
- Salt & pepperto taste
- Flour, for dredging
- 1tablespoonolive oil
- 1/3cupchicken broth
- 1teaspoonlemon juice
- 1/2teaspoonDijon mustard
- 1dashItalian seasoning
- 1cupheavy/whipping cream
- 5ouncesfresh baby spinach
- 1/2cupfreshly grated parmesan cheese
- Boil a large, salted pot of water for the pasta. Cook it al dente according to package instructions.
- Cut up the chicken and season it with salt & pepper. Coat the pieces with flour.
- Add the butter and oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pans hot, add the chicken andcook it until its no longer pink on the outside. Take the chicken out of the pan and set it aside.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the garlic, chicken broth, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and Italian seasoning. Return the pan to the heat and let it bubble for a minute or so. Scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chicken, cream, and spinach to the pan. Let it cook for around 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. You may want to reduce the heat if its bubbling a lot or if the sauce is thickening too fast.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce. Stir in the parmesan. Season with more salt & pepper if needed.