Here’s my weekly post sharing about what’s going on in the world of RecipeGirl, as well as some fun links to things I’ve come across lately. So here it goes: following are 10 things to share with you this week- everything from recipes to shopping to a few fun articles and more. There are a few affiliate links included here and there. Enjoy!
Favorite Party Salads!
- Easy Ramen Salad is one of those recipes that is so surprisingly popular when you put it on your dinner table… or when you serve it up at parties.
- This Mandarin Orange Green Salad recipe is awesome because it includes two goodies that pretty much everyone on the planet loves wholeheartedly: mandarin oranges and bacon! Dried cranberries are thrown in there too- because they’re always wonderful in a salad, so why not?
- My family is pretty crazy about this Bow Tie Pasta Salad. My husband explains that it doesn’t taste “store bought.” It’s more like the kind of pasta salad you might have served with your sandwich at a really nice deli.
- All American Potato Salad is your classic potato salad recipe. It’s perfect for picnics or barbecues all year long. Everyone loves a classic!
- Everyone needs this Old Fashioned Macaroni Salad recipe on hand to make for barbecues and potlucks. This is a great, classic macaroni salad recipe.
- This Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is a bright, colorful and delicious salad with a simple dressing.
Fun Shopping Finds:
- I bought these sandals to go with an outfit I’m wearing to an event in a couple weeks. I’m obsessed. They’re so cute!!
- Here’s a very cute summery jacket. There’s an adorable pink jacket too!
- How cute are these linen pants for summer? They’re perfect for a beachy vacation!
- Love this linen shirt in blue/white stripes!
- I need to get some of these adorable petal shorts.
- These are perfect chino shorts in a million different colors!
- These Sofft sneakers are so extremely comfortable. I have them in Pink!
Instagram accounts to follow:
- Follow @fashiondads_ : it’s just funny!
- Follow @GirlEatWorld for some delicious food shared from travels around the world!
What I’m watching and reading:
- I binge watched Obsession on Netflix when I was traveling. It’s a good one. Disturbing because there’s an obsessive affair going on! It’s extremely steamy and there is nudity, so you’ve been warned!!!
- The Girl in the Blue Mustang is a great true-crime podcast, and it kept me engaged the whole time!
Fun Recipes I’ve spotted on the internet this week:
- Mini German Pancakes look pretty interesting. They’d make a great weekend breakfast.
- These Sweet and Sour Meatballs look like they’d be great served over rice.
- I’ve always wanted to try baking an Italian Cream Cake. This one looks delicious.
Here’s what’s going on in my life:
- As you read this, I’m in Dallas attending my son Brooks’ college graduation! Brooks is our only son, so this was a highly anticipated event. Several family members flew to Dallas to help us celebrate. I’ll share more about the festivities and Brooks’ job choice next week.
Catch up on food-related news of the week:
- New cookbook release > The Ultimate Big Green Egg Cookbook: An Independent Guide: 100 Master Recipes for Perfect Smoking, Grilling and Baking by Chris Sussman. The recipes in this book sound amazing, and apparently the photography is good too. I don’t have a Big Green Egg (yet) at my house, but if you do… this might make a wonderful Father’s Day gift!
- Topo Chico is launching a line of canned cocktails!
- Tupperware could go out of business. Oh no!
- Can you freeze sour cream?
Products I’m loving:
- Have you considered getting an electric smoker for the Dad in your life for Father’s Day?
- This tablecloth is gorgeous.
- Look for Salmon Rub Seasoning Blend at Trader Joe’s. It’s surprisingly pretty good!
- I’ve had melanoma, so I’m kind of a fanatic about using really good sunscreen. I love this brand of sunscreen. It’s pricy, but it’s worth it. They have a spray version too.
- This bag sealer (with good reviews) is pretty darn cool!
- If there is a Dad in your life who is an absolute Porsche fanatic, he may go nuts over this coffee table book.
- Look for the Pendleton Packable Blanket at Costco. It’s great for summer picnics and the beach!
- Here’s my favorite eye liner. I buy the UZI dark gunmetal shimmer. I’ve used it for years!
Let’s make something “no-bake!”:
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies are a delicious cookie to make in the summer months when you don’t want to turn on the oven!
- These No Bake Monster Cookie Bars have a layer of egg-free monster cookie dough topped by a decent layer of chocolate ganache with plenty of M&M’s!
- If you are a peanut butter lover like me, you’ll probably eat far too many of these Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Balls.
Next Week’s Recipes:
- On RecipeGirl: Sugar Free Chocolate Cupcakes, Crunchy Shrimp with Toasted Couscous and Ginger-Orange Sauce and Easy Cheese Danish
- On RecipeBoy: Cake Batter Doughnuts
- On RecipesForHolidays: Cajun Walnuts for National Nut Day!
Have a wonderful week!
The post 10 Things to Share #31 appeared first on Recipe Girl®.