This is the most delicious chicken you can possibly make! Sometimes called “Marry Me Chicken” (because it’s that good!), my Tuscan Chicken Recipe uses thin chicken breasts, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, basil, parmesan cheese and a creamy sauce that will have you coming back for seconds and thirds. Serve with your favorite pasta noodle, Roasted Green Beans or Caprese Salad.
What is Tuscan Chicken?
Sounds fancy doesn’t it? Well, originating in Tuscany, Italy this chicken dish pairs a creamy parmesan sauce with chicken breast, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and Italian seasonings. It’s ready in less than 30 minutes and full of Italian flavor. Pair with pasta, a roasted vegetable or bread.
How to Make Tuscan Chicken
This Italian dish is ready in just 30 minutes. Tuscan Chicken is perfect and delicious paired with pasta and a salad. For full recipe details including ingredients used, see the printable recipe card down below. Here is what to expect when making this dish:
Slice + Season Chicken
Slice chicken breasts lengthwise into 2 thin cutlets each. If your chicken breasts are still too thick, pound them out between plastic wrap until desired thickness is achieved. Season with salt, pepper and italian seasoning. Dredge chicken in flour.
Heat Skillet + Brown the Chicken
Heat large skillet on medium heat. Add oil and butter. Add chicken to skillet and brown on both sides (about 2-3 minutes per side).
Remove Browned Chicken, Add Garlic, Sun-Dried Tomatoes + Spinach
Remove chicken from pan and add minced garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes being careful not to burn.
Add sun-dried tomatoes and spinach to skillet.
Deglaze the Skillet with White Wine, Add Chicken Broth, Heavy Cream + Parmesan
Deglaze skillet with white wine and bring to a simmering boil. Add chicken broth. Whisk in heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Add chicken back to skillet and garnish with fresh basil. Serve warm and enjoy!
Can I substitute white wine with something else?
Yes! If you don’t have or don’t want to use white wine, simply substitute with more chicken broth.
Sides to Serve With Tuscan Chicken
Whether you’re wanting to serve this with pasta, veggie or bread, I have a few excellent ideas for you to choose from.
- Cheesy Pull Apart Garlic Bread
- Mom’s Potato Rolls
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Pear Salad
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Oven Roasted Asparagus
To Store – place leftover chicken in an airtight container for 5-6 days.
To Freeze – place completely cooked chicken in an airtight, freezer safe container. Chicken will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 6 months.
To Reheat – if frozen, allow to thaw before reheating. Reheating Tuscan Chicken is best done on the stovetop over low heat. You may need to add a little water or heavy cream to thin out the sauce.
Love Tuscan Chicken? More Chicken Recipes to Try!
- French Onion Chicken
- Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- Orange Chicken
- Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken Pot Pie
I hope you add this recipe to your meal plan soon! Let me know what you think in the comments. Be sure to save, print, bookmark and share this recipe. Have a great day, friends!
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced lengthwise into 2 pieces each
- 2 tbsp sundried tomato oil or olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup flour
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup sundried tomato sliced
- 3 cups spinach fresh, baby, chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine sauvignon blanc, pinot grigio, etc.
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ½ cup basil fresh, chiffonade
- Slice chicken breasts lengthwise into 2 thin cutlets each. If your chicken breasts are still too thick, pound them out between plastic wrap until desired thickness is achieved.
- Season with salt, pepper and italian seasoning.
- Dredge chicken in flour.
- Heat large skillet on medium heat. Add oil and butter.
- Add chicken to skillet and brown on both sides (about 2-3 minutes per side).
- Remove chicken from pan and add minced garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes being careful not to burn.
- Add sundried tomatoes and spinach to skillet.
- Deglaze pan with white wine and bring to a simmering boil.
- Add chicken broth.
- Whisk in heavy cream and parmesan cheese.
- Add chicken back to skillet and garnish with fresh basil.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
The post Tuscan Chicken appeared first on Lauren's Latest.