This Easy, Cheesy, Homemade Garlic Bread Offers Instant-Comfort with Every Bite – Parade Magazine
Nothing creates instant Italian restaurant vibes at home, quite like the smell of freshly-baked garlic bread. Cheesy, garlicky, crispy—it’s baked bread taken to the next level with pungent flavors of garlic and basil. It’s also the ideal side for soups, stews and other sauces meant to be sopped up with a crusty slice (or loaf) depending on how hungry you are.
Below, find PARADE Chef Jon Ashton’s best tips for making homemade garlic bread, along with the ideal pasta, meat and chicken recipes to serve it with.
Is garlic bread French or Italian?
Garlic bread is a popular Italian-American side dish, usually served with pasta and salad for dinner. Similar to bruschetta, it’s a toasted sliced bread topped with cheese and in this recipe, basil. Chef Ashton also uses Italian bread for his recipe since it toasts the best while keeping the bread soft inside.
How do you make garlic bread better?
Cheese! And spices like red pepper flakes and basil. Also, using roasted garlic granules instead of garlic powder will give a deeper flavor profile.
- 1 tsp roasted garlic granules or garlic powder
- 1 tsp water
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter, slightly melted
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 loaf soft Italian bread, halved horizontally
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
Related: How to Roast Garlic
- Small bowl(s)
- Baking sheet
- Serrated knife
How to make garlic bread
1. Heat the oven to 425 F degrees. In a small bowl whisk together the garlic granules and water.
2. Place melted butter, pepper flakes, garlic paste and garlic granule mixture in a bowl. Season with a little salt and pepper, and stir together. Spread the cut sides of bread evenly with the butter mixture.
3. Transfer bread, cut sides up, to a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from oven.
4. Turn the bread over so that the cut sides are facing down. Bake for another 6 to 8 minutes longer for desired crispiness.
5. Using tongs, transfer the bread, face up, to a cutting board and sprinkle evenly with the Parmesan and basil, if desired. Using a serrated knife, cut each half into 8 slices.
Related: 36 Best Bread Machine Recipes
- Roasted garlic granules can be purchased in the spice section; you could also use garlic powder.
- Mixing the roasted garlic granules with water adds flavor vs. a regular garlic butter; mixing with water rehydrates them.
- You need to flip the bread while cooking to toast the bread on both sides.
- The basil adds a freshness and floral note to the garlic bread.
- Cooking garlic bread in an air fryer would lessen the cooking time, but you may have to cut the bread smaller.
- You can also use the bread the next day to make pizza bread.
What to serve with garlic bread:
More garlic bread recipes to try:
Best Homemade Garlic Bread Recipe
via “recipes” – Google News https://ift.tt/prSlVDK
December 27, 2022 at 02:22PM