Theme: "Bring It On" - IT is added to each common phrase.
22. Drill team for outlaws?: MARCHING BANDITS. Marching band.
31. Study up on Newton's theories?: GRAVITY TRAIN. Gravy train.
49. Book club choices for a church group?: PULPIT FICTION. Pulp fiction.
64. Vampire's introspective question?: TO BITE OR NOT TO BITE. To be or not to be.
82. Unusual cold snap in England?: BRITAIN FREEZE. Brain freeze.
96. Funny business in an Oregon city?: EUGENE LEVITY. Eugene Levy.
108. "Now where did that minty cocktail go ... "?: I'VE LOST MY MOJITO. I've lost my mojo.
Ah I think some of the regulars know the gimmick before they even start the grid. Revealing title.
Simple theme expertly executed. No other straying IT in the grid. I really like that 64A fill and clue.
Every time I see Doug's byline I think of Barry Silk. They used to collaborate on themeless quite a bit.
1. Classic cartoon horse Quick Draw __: MCGRAW.
7. Superhero with anger issues: HULK.
11. Rapper __ Nas X: LIL. Known for his "Old Town Road" and fashion sense.
14. Slavic native: SERB.
18. Beethoven's Third: EROICA.
19. "Ohhhhh": I SEE.
20. Point value of a gol de fútbol: UNO.
21. Egyptian peninsula: SINAI.
25. "__ it!": PROVE.
26. Be behind: OWE.
27. Texter's rebuttal: OTOH.
28. In the past: AGO. And 61. In the past: PRIOR.
29. __ tofu: SILKEN. Looks delicious. I mostly use silken tofu for miso soup.
30. Big name in casualwear: POLO. And 78. Big name in casualwear: IZOD.
35. Big name in cookware: T-FAL. My saute pan.
38. Ramp up or ramp down: INCLINE.
40. 2022 AL MVP Judge: AARON. Doug is Yankees fan I think.
41. Permits: ALLOWS.
43. Sword part: HAFT.
44. Pronombre personal: ELLA. Pronombre is Spanish for "pronoun".
45. Gather into loops: COIL.
52. Really big: IMMENSE.
54. Mariana Trench, e.g.: ABYSS.
55. Subject for a primatologist: APE.
56. Zen garden tool: RAKE.
58. Homeric saga featuring the Catalogue of Ships: ILIAD.
59. Door latch: HASP.
61. Put (together): PIECE.
63. Groups of sheep: FLOCKS.
68. Key with one sharp: E MINOR.
70. Legal docs: WRITS.
71. Leave out: OMIT.
72. Bossy star of a kid's game: SIMON.
73. Sony laptop brand: VAIO. The other four-letter laptop is ASUS or ACER.
74. Org. that oversees tobacco: FDA.
75. Apt name for some Aries: APRIL.
80. Has a tendency for: PRONE TO.
86. Hawaii's state bird: NENE.
87. Pasta type: ZITI.
89. "Voilà!": DONE.
90. Lady Bird's husband: LYNDON. I know what Boomer would have linked.
91. Swiped: STOLE.
93. Hyundai model: ELANTRA.
95. "Alice in Wonderland" bird: DODO.
99. Egyptian vipers: ASPS.
101. Academic's achievement: TENURE.
102. In the manner of: A LA. I'm still waiting for David to finish my USA Today "Reciting Pi" puzzle. Notice he can't even get 64A. But this is only his first 15x15.
103. __ chamber: ECHO.
104. Atlanta-based network: TBS.
107. Met's lineup?: ARIAS. The Met. Not the Mets.
113. Bishop's hat: MITRE.
114. Secret code: PIN.
115. 20 quires: REAM.
116. Twist in a novel: OLIVER. Great clue also.
117. Pomegranate bit: SEED. Called Aril.
118. Reproductive cells: OVA.
119. Lady __ of "A Star Is Born": GAGA.
120. "Prithee make thyself scarce": BE GONE.
2. Sticking point, metaphorically: CRAW. And 69. Sticking point: MIRE.
3. 1990s vice president: GORE.
4. Pro wrestler Flair: RIC.
5. Blessed sound?: ACHOO.
6. Limbo for a college applicant: WAIT LIST.
7. Daily temperature stat: HIGH. More snow last week. Now we've had over 80 inches in the Twin Cities area this season.
8. Computer port initials: USB.
9. Grassy expanse: LEA.
10. "Crazy Rich Asians" actor Jeong: KEN. South Korean heritage. This name is sometimes spelled as Chung, as in Jamie Chung.
11. Video game brother: LUIGI.
12. Counting everything: IN TOTAL.
13. __ Angeles: LOS.
14. Round Table knight: SIR LANCELOT. Sparkly fill.
15. Thin mushroom: ENOKI. I used to eat these regularly. So pricey after Covid.
16. Poe's "ungainly fowl": RAVEN.
17. "Muy __": BIEN.
21. Hubert's successor: SPIRO.
23. Twelve sharp: NOON.
24. Bautista of "Guardians of the Galaxy": DAVE. He played Drax the Destroyer,
29. Hall of Fame football coach Hank: STRAM. Google info: "On January 11, 1970, Chiefs Head Coach, Hank Stram, became the first NFL coach to wear a wire in a Super Bowl."
30. Fat raindrop sounds: PLOPS.
31. Candied, as cherries: GLACE.
32. Breach: RIFT.
33. Not pro: ANTI.
34. New Haven Ivy Leaguer: YALIE.
35. Andalusia appetizer: TAPA.
36. Part of a blooper reel: FLUB.
37. Fellow fighter: ALLY.
39. Great Lakes people: CHIPPEWA. I thought the Chippewa Falls is in MN. But it's in WI.
42. Thanksgiving snapper: WISHBONE.
44. Put into law: ENACT.
46. Ready if required: ON ICE.
47. Novelist Dinesen: ISAK. She wrote "Out of Africa".
48. Parts of some flashlights: LEDS.
50. Observe Ramadan, say: FAST. This is hard.
51. Cookies with an occasional Mystery Flavor: OREOS.
53. Word with service or surplus: MILITARY.
57. Low-carb regimen: KETO DIET. This is hard also. Why doesn't love carbs?
60. Bubble filler: AIR.
62. Mtge. figure: INT.
63. Heist film antagonists, often: Abbr.: FBI.
64. Shakespeare's title Athenian: TIMON.
65. Ready for anything: ON ONE'S GUARD.
66. Savannah antelope: ORIBI. Hi there.
67. Persian Gulf sultanate: OMAN.
68. Network with a "Deportes" channel: ESPN.
73. Soft sheer fabric: VOILE.
74. __ pack: FANNY. Often worn as a crossbody bag now.
76. Hangs: PENDS.
77. Try again: REDO.
79. Former host Jay: LENO.
81. Oil region?: T ZONE. Due to its T shape. Oily area.
83. Rice cake served with chutney: IDLI. Never had this.
84. Fits __: TO A T.
85. Quickly assembled group: FLASH MOB.
88. Israeli port on the Mediterranean: TEL AVIV. Nice to see a full name.
92. Clipped: TERSE.
93. Short critique?: EVAL. Evaluation.
94. Risqué: RACY.
96. Haunting: EERIE.
97. Join together: UNITE.
98. Justice Kagan: ELENA.
100. English Channel port: POOLE. New to me.
101. Scottish lids: TAMS.
103. "Room" novelist Donoghue: EMMA.
104. Record, in a way: TIVO.
105. Bingo call: B TEN.
106. Vexed: SORE.
108. Stock acronym: IPO.
109. Alternative to edu: ORG.
110. Coral __: SEA.
111. Playground game: TAG.
112. Leprechaun's dance: JIG.