£8.59 total or £1.43/serving
This is the first of my meal preps I did for exam weeks, this week I made 6 servings to give myself some lunches too. This recipe consists of many shop-bought elements, I didn’t have time to make these from scratch this week, but of course, that is an option. I also added some frozen veg I had to the sauce, but I have not included this in my recipe as it is in no way needed.
There is little more comforting than this casserole, consisting of garlic bread, pasta sauce, meatballs and cheese. It’s absolutely perfect for exam season.
- 24 Meatballs
- 1 Baguette
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 ball Mozzarella
- 2 jars (1kg) of pasta sauce (I used chunky mushroom)
This recipe takes about 45 minutes
- Cook the meatballs as on the packaging
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan
- Melt the butter, with the crushed garlic, and 1/2 tsp of each herb
- Place slices of the baguette in the base of a high-walled baking tray
- Pour over the garlic butter and half the mozzarella on the bread, with some salt and pepper
- Top the bread with the pasta sauce, adding seasonings to taste (I used garlic granules and the 3 herbs in the ingredients here).
- Top with the meatballs and the rest of the mozzarella
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes
Keep in airtight containers for up to 4 days, reheating for 2.5 minutes in the microwave.