This Four Cheese Mac and Cheese is the best side dish or main entree you can make. Loaded with cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan, and gouda cheeses this Mac and Cheese is amazing! Everyone will love it!
You all know we love Mac and Cheese at our house. I make it weekly if not every few days. I make it all different ways with a variety of different cheeses. This Four Cheese Mac and Cheese is another one of our favorites. I use four cheeses to make this super creamy and cheesy.
How to make Four Cheese Mac and Cheese:
I make a lot of my Mac and Cheese recipes the same way. I cook the noodles until they are al dente. While the noodles are cooking, I make a cheese sauce. Once the noodles are ready, I add them in to the sauce and mix well. Pour the mac and cheese into a baking dish, and top with some additional shredded cheese. Bake in the over until the top is getting crusty and the cheese is melted. Serve hot and enjoy!
- Elbow Macaroni
- Unsalted Butter
- All-Purpose Flour
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Half and Half
- Onion Powder
- Dried Mustard Powder
- Cayenne Powder - optional and added to taste.
- Cheddar Cheese - shredded
- Mozzarella Cheese - shredded
- Parmesan Cheese - shredded
- Gouda Cheese - shredded
Step Seven - Pour Mac and cheese into your prepared casserole dish. Top pasta with all remaining cheese. Place in the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven, serve, and enjoy.
Try adding some of these other cheese to this mac and cheese:
I love using different cheeses in my mac and cheese. Cheddar cheese is one of the best cheeses to use in making mac and cheese, but there are so many other good options! Try some of these other cheeses for this recipe.
- Gruyere is a sweet but salty cheese that melts so well! It gives a really nice flavor to a mac and cheese.
- Cream Cheese is a great addition to add some extra creaminess to your mac and cheese.
- Velveeta. While some people do not think Velveeta is a cheese worth using, it provides an almost perfect melt and coating of your noodles. Not to put him on the spot, but this is my husband's favorite kind of mac and cheese.
Can I use bag shredded cheese for this recipe?
Bagged shredded cheese is not the best option for Macaroni and Cheese.
Bagged shredded cheese usually has additives that help the shelf life of shredded cheese last longer.
You want to use a fresh cheese block and shred it yourself for the best cheese option.
How do I store this recipe?
This recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days after making it. Store it in a covered container.
Reheat in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes. You can also reheat in the microwave as well!
Try some of my other Mac and Cheese recipes:
Stovetop Mac and Cheese - Super creamy and cheesy Stovetop Mac and Cheese. You are going to love this simple one pot recipe, plus it's a hit with the kids! This awesome Macaroni and Cheese takes less than 20 minutes to make!
Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese - This Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese is loaded with pork that has been smoked for 8 hours, sharp cheddar cheese, and your favorite BBQ sauce. It is a comfort food, so comforting you will be craving it for days.
White Cheddar Mac and Cheese - This White Cheddar Cheese is so rich and creamy it rivals the famous Panera Mac and Cheese. While this may not be a copycat recipe, it tastes so great and is super gooey and creamy everyone will love it!
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
4 Cheese Mac and Cheese
- 16 oz elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne powder (optional and added to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded and divided)
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese (shredded and divided)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (shredded and divided)
- ½ cup gouda cheese (shredded and divided)
- Cook pasta according to box directions. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt butter on medium/low heat. Add flour and whisk constantly for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly (½ cup at a time) whisk in cream and half and half until smooth. Simmer for about 5 minutes to thicken still whisking occasionally. Add all seasoning to sauce adding more or less to taste.
- Slowly add in 1 ½ cup cheese cheddar cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, ¼ cup parmesan cheese, and ¼ cup gouda cheese to your sauce above. Add about a cup at a time whisking and allowing to melt before adding more
- Add cooked macaroni to the saucepan and mix until well combined and all noodles are coated in cheese.
- Pour Mac and cheese into your prepared casserole dish. Top pasta with all remaining cheese. Place in the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven, serve, and enjoy.
The post Four Cheese Mac and Cheese appeared first on The Diary of a Real Housewife.