This easy pasta recipe from Winning Appliances is fresh and filling. If you haven’t made your own pesto before, time to realise how simple it is!
This recipe is by Winning Appliances culinary expert, Gianni Carrieri.
- Half cup light olive oil
- 200 gm rocket
- 60 gm blanched almonds
- 1 clove garlic thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- 130 gm grated parmesan
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- Quarter tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 400 gm cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 basil leaves
- 100 gm green beans trimmed
- 1 500gm pack fusilli pasta
- 200 gm bocconcini mozzarella cut into quarters
- toasted, flaked almonds to serve
- Pour the olive oil and rocket into a food processor, blend for about 30 seconds until the ingredients are combined but not totally smooth. Scrape down the side and continue blending, add almond, half the garlic, lemon juice, parmesan cheese and rind, half of the salt and pepper. Gradually add the remaining olive oil and blend until all the ingredients are just combined.
- In a bowl, let tomatoes infuse with extra virgin olive oil, the other half of the garlic, the remaining salt, fresh basil leaves and lemon rind for 20 minutes.
- Bring some water to a boil and blanch the green beans for 4 min, drain and soak them in iced water for 5 min, then cut in 2 cm pcs.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, reserving a third of the cooking water. Toss cooked pasta with pesto and reserved cooking water, add the tomatoes, green beans, bocconcini, toasted almond flakes and the remaining grated parmesan. Serve immediately.
Pesto can be kept into the fridge for up to 5 days. Pesto can also been frozen and used when necessary.
Foodie Friday: Cashew Alfredo pasta
This recipe for cashew Alfredo pasta with rosemary mushrooms was developed by Minako Umehara @365cleaneats for Naked Foods. Prep time: 30 minutes |…
The post Foodie Friday: Zesty pesto pasta with bocconcini & tomatoes appeared first on The Interiors Addict.