Here’s my weekly post sharing about what’s going on in the world of RecipeGirl, as well as some fun links to things I’ve come across lately. So here it goes: following are 10 things to share with you this week- everything from recipes to shopping to a few fun articles and more. There are a few affiliate links included here and there. Enjoy!
More Fun Holiday Recipes:
- For a December breakfast, try these Gingerbread Waffles.
- My choice for Christmas morning breakfast to feel a lot of people is always this Buffet Breakfast Casserole. Add my Night Before Christmas Coffee Cake or this Candy Cane Coffee Cake, and everyone will be happy!
- Make a Candy Cane Caprese Board for a holiday gathering.
- Everyone loves Fantasy Fudge!
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake (my favorite dessert ever) is an obvious choice for Christmas dessert!
- Make some Spiked Eggnog or Rudolph’s Brunch Punch for the holidays!
Fun Shopping Finds:
- I bought comfy LL Bean slippers for one of my guys. And I bought these cozy Bomba’s slippers for my other guy.
- The other website for gifts for my sports-loving guys that I purchased from was Fanatics. There were good sales on their favorite jerseys! Hopefully they still have some good deals.
- My son ordered some clothes from Mizzen & Main, and their fabrics are light and comfortable- great for someone who runs hot all the time.
- I bought this cardigan sweater coat this week, and I love it. It’s SO COZY.
- I’ve been trying to find the best black boots, so I ordered Frye’s and Calvin Klein’s. I’m trying to decide between the two. They’re both pretty nice!
- Our family photos are coming up, and I’ve ordered this cute blue dress and this mauve dress. Which one do you like better?
- I asked Santa for an upcycled Gucci Apple watch band for Christmas. They have other brands too!
Instagram accounts to follow:
- Follow Those Before After Ideas for some fun remodeling shares.
- Follow Handle the Heat for amazing baked goods!
What I’m watching and reading:
- Have you watched the new Christmas movie: Spirited (with Will Ferrell and Ryan Reynolds?) It’s on Apple TV+. It’s a musical, but it was done really well so it’s not super cheesy. My husband and I thought it was very cute.
- I am currently listening to Educated by Tara Westover. It’s a great memoir with lots of crazy (not always great) things that happened in this poor girl’s life.
Fun Recipes I’ve spotted on the internet this week:
- Chicken Orzo with Butternut Squash looks great for dinner!
- Broccoli- Beer Cheese Soup looks delicious.
- Who wants these Andes Mint Cookies? Me!
- A Christmas Vanilla Roll Cake would be a pretty amazing holiday dessert.
Here’s what’s going on in my life:
- I’ve been holiday shopping, but I’m trying not to go too crazy this year. I love to give, so that’s my priority. My husband and I decided to just get each other a couple of nice gifts this year. Otherwise, it’s my kiddo who gets all the fun stuff, and I usually make homemade goodies for neighbors and friends.
- I started back at the gym this week with some elliptical, running and weights. My doctor wants me doing arm weights again to start gaining arm strength after my surgery in July. Lymph node removal has caused some arm numbness and weakness and some sharp pains now and then. It’s bearable, but annoying. I need to keep reminding myself that I should feel grateful that my breast cancer was detected in an early stage and that I’m okay. Others are not so fortunate.
Catch up on food-related news of the week:
- Newly released cookbook: The Pasta Queen by Nadia Caterina Munno looks like it’s a delicious find for pasta lovers!
- Check out this woman’s easy hard-boiled-egg slicing technique for deviled eggs that went viral.
- Here’s the single best thing you can do right now to keep your grocery budget in check.
- Here are the foods you should eat before a workout.
Products I’m loving:
- I was needing a backpack for travel (that would fit my laptop), so I picked up this laptop backback on sale.
- We bought this digital Skylight Frame for my Mom when she was in assisted living and was far away from family. She loved it. We got it all set up for her, so all she had to do was turn it on and pictures of family would circulate through. No technical skills needed. The super cool part is that family members could add to the frame by just emailing Skylight with photos attached, and they’d automatically get added to her frame. She loved seeing the surprise of new photos from everyone in the family. Great gift!
- Look for Califia Farms Holiday Nog made with almond milk. I’m obsessed. You should be able to find it at your local market with the eggnog products.
- This pasta pot with a built-in strainer is wonderful.
- The Screaming Meanie is the perfect gift for heavy sleepers!
- If you need reading glasses to read books, directions, menus (everything!), then consider picking up Thin Optics to keep in your purse. They are a bit of an investment up front, but I’ve had mine for years. And they’re so awesome because they lie FLAT so they fit in wallet purses etc. Everyone I show them to wants to order them.
- Look for Mini Dark Chocolate Mint Stars and Candy Cane JoJo’s at Trader Joes. Yum!
- For the jewelry lovers in your life, Kendra Scott is an excellent, affordable choice for gifting. I have lots of their jewelry!
- How cute is this burrito blanket for two?
Bake this weekend:
- Cinnamon Bun Scones for breakfast!
- Cranberry Orange Bread for gifting to friends and neighbors.
- Bake an Apple Cranberry Pie with Oatmeal Cookie Crust as a holiday treat.
- Add Snickerdoodle Pudding Cookies to your cookie baking list!
Next Week’s Recipes:
- On RecipeGirl: Cranberry-Stuffed Cornish Hens, Almond Cream Cheese Snowball Cookies, Gingerbread Truffles, Cranberry Gin Spritzer, Rudolph’s Brunch Punch and Gossamer Spice Cookies
- On RecipeBoy: Gingerbread Sleds
- On RecipesForHolidays: Ground Beef Stroganoff for National Comfort Food Day (December 5th)
Have a wonderful week!