I was craving the smell so I made some fresh Crusty Bread!
• 3 1/4 cup all purpose flour, and some for coating surface
• 2 teaspoons instant dry yeast
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 1/2 cups warm water
1. Add flour, salt and yeast to large bowl or mixer with hook attachment. Mix in water until combined and cover with a kitchen towel for 2 hours.
2. After 2 hours, the dough should look dotted with bubbles. Sprinkle flour on surface and shape into a round loaf by folding into itself. No kneading.
3. Preheat oven to 450*F and place an iron skillet and oven safe bowl of water in oven during preheat. Water will create steam for crispy exterior.
4. While oven is preheating, with a serrated knife make a couple slits on the loaf and let rest for 40 minutes while oven preheats.
5. Carefully remove skillet from oven, place dough in and bake for 30 minutes. Remove onto cooling rack and wait for it to cool down before slicing. Enjoy!
Follow along on Instagram at @kate__dan!